Desert Landscape with B Marion
Number of sessions: 2, 3.0 hours each
Course Fee: $135 (Gold Member Fee: $125)
Maximum: 12. Minimum: 8
We’re going to create a gorgeous desert landscape in acrylics by building up wonderful textures, and balancing light and color. We’ll play with the intersection of abstraction and realism to create a compelling painting.
More info on Instructor at www.brucemarion.com
- One canvas 16 x 20 or 24 x 30.
- Brushes – I use a Hog Hair Flat Bristle #6 and #10
- A palette knife with a 3 in blade that angles off the handle
- A spray water bottle
- Paper towels
- Water bucket
- Plastic sheet for the table
- Palette – any type flat surface with no separations, can be disposable
- Thick bodied acrylic paints in large tubes or paint jars. I like Utrecht Brand Studio Series Paint available through Blick.com. These are the main colors I use but use any good brand that you have and we can make it work.
- White; Buff; Yellow Ochre; Medium Yellow; Orange, Cad Red Light Hue; Crimson; Red Violet Deep; Ultramarine Blue; Phthalo Blue; Burnt Sienna; Burnt Umber; Hookers Green Hue
- Paint an amazing desert landscape with beautiful lighting and atmosphere