Oil & Acrylic 201/301 January
Number of sessions: 4, 3.0 hours each
Course Fee: $80 (Gold Member Fee: $70)
Maximum 10 Minimum 3
This class is for Beginner to Advanced students. This class will stress composition and color mixing as well as how to bring your work to a professional level. It will include discussions and critiques about your strengths and weaknesses. Students will use their own photos or may select from mine.
- One 12X16 or 16X20 canvas board or stretched canvas
- Lowe Cornell, American Painter, or Royal Sift Grip Brushes - assorted sizes. Brights and one or two filberts. Five or six brushes are all you really need.
- One set of oil paints that include: Titanium White, Cad Yellow Light, Yellow Ochre, Cad Red Light, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Sap Green, Alizarin Crimson and Dark Purple.
- A pencil, eraser and ruler
- Odorless Turpenoid. Webber Preferred (in the blue and white can). Be aware that some products say they are odorless and they are not and may cause a problem in a closed studio.
- Plastic sheet to cover table.
- Covered glass jar for Turpenoid and paper towel (Viva is best)
- Oil painting palette or palette paper.
- Students will use their own photos or may select from mine.
- Sources: Cheapjoes.com, Danielsmith.com. Dickglick.com. Michaels or Hobby Lobby, Arizona Art at 107th and Grand Ave
- Demonstrate varying techniques and materials, discuss principles of art and elements of composition while offering assistance, encouragement and suggestions.