Oil & Acrylic 201/301 Feb
Number of sessions: 4, 3.0 hours each
Course Fee: $80 (Gold Member Fee: $70)
Maximum 12 Minimum 3
This class is for Beginner to Advanced students. This class will stress composition and color mixing as well as how to bring your work to a professional level. It will include discussions and critiques about your strengths and weaknesses. Students will use their own photos To either start a painting of their choosing or may bring paintings they have already started
- Students to bring canvas board or stretched canvas of a size of their choosing
- Brushes - assorted sizes.
- One set of oil paints that include: Titanium White, Cad Yellow Light, Yellow Ochre, Cad Red Light, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Sap Green, Alizarin Crimson and Dark Purple.
- A pencil, eraser and ruler
- For oil painters - Odorless Turpenoid with a covered glass jar . Be aware that some products say they are odorless and they are not and may cause a problem in a closed studio.
- Acrylic Painters bring in good variety of acrylic paint colors and a water cup
- Plastic sheet to cover table plus paper towels
- Oil painting palette or palette paper.
- Students will use their own photos
- Sources: Cheapjoes.com, Danielsmith.com. Dickglick.com. Michaels or Hobby Lobby, Arizona Art
- Demonstrate varying techniques and materials, discuss principles of art and elements of composition while offering assistance, encouragement and suggestions.Students may bring in unfinished works they need assistance with along with any photos . Students may start a painting of their own choosing