The Art of Nature in Oil
Number of sessions: 1, 7.0 hours each
Course Fee: $110 (Gold Member Fee: $100)
Maximum 10 Minimum 5 students
Acclaimed Wildlife Artist Trevor Swanson's personal statement: This class will be an overview of the design and painting process that I use to create a finished work. While this normally takes weeks to accomplish, we will do as much as we can to go over a lot of the techniques and tricks that I have learned over the years to create detail and bring a subject to life. I want each class to be a fun and a learning experience, and I welcome beginners as well as advanced students. We all have something to learn from each other.
Please visit Trevor's Website: www,trevorswanson.com
- Students are to bring a photo of what they want to work on or you can follow copies of what Trevor will paint. You can paint wildlife, landscapes ,whatever it is you want to paint. No portraits.Trevor is happy to teach students with all ranges of ability and have a lot of fun with really new painters Always have a pencil handy, but again I will bring some too.
- This is what I use in my day to day and my preferred brands. As long as the colors and quality are close to what I use, we will be fine with any substitutions.
- Permalba White, Weber product
- Paints below are all Winsor Newton
- Titanium White
- Naples Yellow light
- Yellow Ochre
- Raw Sienna
- Burnt Sienna
- Cadmium Yellow, Orange and Red
- Ultramarine Blue
- Burnt Umber
- Ivory Black
- I will also have Sap Green, Indian Yellow and Winsor Violet on hand for special cases such as flowers.
- Canvas, thinner (I like turpenoid), paper towels, brushes and the other things used in the process. I work on many different mediums, canvas, board and metals so am comfortable with a lot of surfaces and how they act.
- I would like my students to come away with a better understanding of working with oil and insight into my style and work specifically.