The Art of Nature
Number of sessions: 1, 7.0 hours each
Course Fee: $110 (Gold Member Fee: $100)
Maximum 10 Minimum 5 students
This class will be an overview of the design and painting process that I use to create a finished work. While this normally takes weeks to accomplish, we will do as much as we can to go over a lot of the techniques and tricks that I have learned over the years to create detail and bring a subject to life. I want each class to fun and a learning experience, and I welcome beginners as well as advanced students. We all have something to learn from each other.
- This is what I use in my day to day and my preferred brands. As long as the colors and quality are close to what I use, we will be fine with any substitutions.
- Permalba White, Weber product
- Paints below are all Winsor Newton
- Titanium White
- Naples Yellow light
- Yellow Ochre
- Raw Sienna
- Burnt Sienna
- Cadmium Yellow, Orange and Red
- Ultramarine Blue
- Burnt Umber
- Ivory Black
- I will also have Sap Green, Indian Yellow and Winsor Violet on hand for special cases such as flowers.
- Canvas, thinner (I like turpenoid), paper towels, brushes and the other things used in the process. I work on many different mediums, canvas, board and metals so am comfortable with a lot of surfaces and how they act.
- I would like my students to come away with a better understanding of working with oil and insight into my style and work specifically.