Sunflower with Lavender Glass Paint
Number of sessions: 1, 4.0 hours each
Course Fee: $65 (Gold Member Fee: $55)
Maximum 10 Minimum 2
Instructor: April Heller
Monday, Mar 6, 2023 1-5 PM
This class is for first time and intermediate acrylic artists. Students will learn the technique of painting on glass. You do not need to be a professional to create beautiful glass paintings. This technique can also be applied to mirrors. The acrylic paints will dry in 20 minutes to allow for layering paint colors to achieve opaque to bold or for a 3 dimensional effect. Take your artwork home it is ready to display on any wall or hang in the window for a stained glass effect.
- Materials Supplied by the Instructor:
- All materials will be provided by the instructor for this class. A handout will be given of what the instructor uses.
- Printed “Step by Step” instructions for students to follow along during the class
- Floating glass frame (assembled) with 2 glass panels. $15 charge
- Acrylic paints
- Sample drawing/rendering of the artwork students will be painting during the class. You can take these home to study and paint on your own.
- Blue or green tape to adhere the drawing under the glass to avoid shifting while you are painting
- Glass cleaner and paper towels to clean both sides of the glass panels
- Artist’s Paint Pallet Tray for each workstation
- Paint brushes for use with both oil and water based acrylic paints
- Wooden toothpicks to use for cleaning up extra paint around the borders; and can be used for etching your artwork without scratching the glass
- Materials Supplied by the Student:
- There is a $15 charge for the floating frame; one frame per student. If you bring your own make sure it is 11 X 14” size. All artwork instruction uses this size frame
- Face mask (optional, please bring your own if it makes you feel comfortable)
- Students may bring their own paints and brushes is they already have them; however certain acrylic colors will be presented during the class for the artwork that will be made available as needed from the instructor’s paint box.
- Artist apron (optional for students who do not want any paint on your clothing)
- Take your artwork home. It is ready to display on any wall or hang in the window for a stained glass effect.