Plein Air 9am
Number of sessions: 4, 3.0 hours each
Course Fee: $80 (Gold Member Fee: $70)
Maximum 10 Minimum 3
students are to contact the instructor for location list of class at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acrylic Supply List2019Artist Quality Acrylic Paint Brands: NO Artist Loft or Grumbacher Student paints. Liquitex Professional Heavy Body Acrylic Paints, Utrecht Artist Colors Acrylic, Golden Artist Colors.
- Colors: Titanium White Cad Yellow Light Yellow Ocher Cad Red Light Naphthol Crimson Ultramarine BlueViridian -or- Phthalo Blue Outdoor Easel - Sienna Pochade Box, Guerrilla Painter 6x8 Pochade Box, Strada Easel, Prolific Painter Easel.
- Masterson Stay-Wet Painter's Pal Palette: w/sponge and palette paper insert.Spray Bottle: Use to mist the paints to prevent them from drying out.Canvas Panels or Stretched Canvas: Acrylic primed in various sizes. 8x10 up to 16x20. (Work at your comfort level).Brushes: Long Handle Flat Synthetic.Various sizes # 4, 6, 8, 10 & 12. (Silver Bristlon , Robert Simmons Titanium, Princeton Catalyst ).Palette knife: diamond shaped, 1.5 - 2 in length.
- Brush washer: large empty yogurt container.Extras:Food & WaterSketchbookCameraPaper TowelsTrash bags
- Oil Supply List Artist Quality Oil Paint Brands: No Student Grade Paints!(Grumbacher Pre-Tested, Gamblin and Utrecht).
- Colors: Titanium WhiteCad Yellow Light -or- MediumYellow OcherCad Red LtAlizarin -or- Naphthol CrimsonUltramarine BlueViridian Hue -or- Phthalo BlueOutdoor Easel - Sienna Pochade Box, Guerrilla Painter 6x8 Pochade Box, Strada Easel, Prolific Painter Easel.
- Canvas Panels: Various sizes 8x10 - 16x20. (Work at your comfort level).
- Brushes: Robert Simmons Signet Flat Bristle - sizes 4, 6, 8,10.
- Palette knife: diamond shaped, 1.5 - 2 in length.
- Solvent: Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits ONLY. Do Not Use: Weber or Mona Lisa and absolutely NO LIQUIN Allowed!
- Palette Cup: 2 well metal palette cup -or- 3 latch metal brush washer.
- Disposable Palette
- This class meets outdoors on location at local, regional parks. (Please contact the instructor for location list). Students will work in a representational manner while learning about composition and design, color mixing, and atmospheric effects. Students must have transportation, portable easels, and are responsible for park access fees. This class is for beginner to advanced students. All mediums welcome.