Palette Knife Painting
Number of sessions: 1, 7.0 hours each
Course Fee: $80 (Gold Member Fee: $70)
Maximum: 12. Minimum: 5
We will work on subjects such as;
* How a limited color palette can be all you need to get started in painting *How to set up your supplies and get started painting for pleasure *Learn what all the products do for you and how to use them *Understanding how composition and planning will give you a good result *Helpful tips for starting and finishing a piece of art
*The class will be limited in size so that everyone participates and learns equally. Everyone will paint their own subject matter that they have personally chosen!!
- *What YOU will need to bring:
- 6-8 large photographs of well-composed images with light and shadow areas/ good contrasts. Bring reference material of landscape, impressionism or abstract. Look for lots of light and shadows, contrasts, hard edges and nice values.
- Large supply of paint (I use only 6 colors listed below but you can bring what you’re comfortable with), palette knives, bristle brushes (for oil), palette paper or glass, brush cleaner, paper towels
- Feel free to share supplies with friends. Wear clothes you don’t mind getting messed up. Above all, bring your sense of humor and openness to learn.
- *Please note: latex or nitrile gloves are highly recommended.
- *I use a limited palette of colors from which I mix every color imaginable. My only 6 colors of paint are Utrecht brand from Dick Blick Art Supply in Tempe: Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Red Light, Ultramarine Blue, Thalo Green, Cadmium Yellow Light, Alizarin Crimson and of course, Titanium White.
- Note: There are NO HUES or any other titles in those colors.
- This course will focus on opening up the world of painting in a FUN & RELAXED atmosphere.
- No stress, no anxiety
- This adventure is about experimenting, practicing, learning & laughing with Renee Palmer Stevens