Colored Pencil Drawing with Lady Ru
Number of sessions: 4, 3.0 hours each
Course Fee: $85 (Gold Member Fee: $75)
Maximum 12 Minimum 5
What's so great about colored pencil is that it takes little to get started: pencils, paper and a few tools. There's no setup, no cleanup, no health concerns. You need just a small space to work in. Colored pencil like any other medium starts with technique and patience, as it is a building process of blending many layers of a combination of colors. We will begin with simple subjects. For the first few lessons you will not have to decide what you want to create, as that will be supplied for you. If you have never used colored pencil I know you will love it and enjoy the learning process. As I have learned over the years there is always more to learn for those of you who have experience in this medium. Plan on taking the class over a period of time as it is a building process.
If you are a beginner I will provide simpler projects for you in the beginning.
- Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils, soft core, 150-count
- (do not buy another brand or lesser count)
- (Best buys are online at Amazon. Prices are between $80-$100.)
- Prismacolor Colorless blender
- Paper quality is important
- Paper: (100 lb. up paper only)
- Recommended brand is:
- a. Stonehenge Legion (white - 100% cotton) 11x14 or 9x12 pads
- Order online for larger sheets of 22x30, 10 sheets (order online)
- Pencil Sharpener: TripWorthy (battery run) $20 - Amazon. (No hand held sharpeners)
- Electric Pencil Sharpener recommended for home use.
- Stencil Brushes: Crafters Choice, white bristle, set of 4 (Hobby Lobby or on line)
- Instructor will advise students when to purchase Gamsol Mineral Spirits and small jar with rubber rimmed lid
- small watercolor brushes
- Drafting Brush or large soft watercolor brush
- Kneaded Eraser
- As I have learned over the years there is always more to learn for those of you who have experience in this medium. Plan on taking the class over a period of time as it is a building process.
- If you are a beginner I will provide simpler projects for you in the beginning.