Number of sessions: 2, 3.0 hours each
Course Fee: $55 (Gold Member Fee: $45)
Maximum 10 Minimum 4
Arizona has beautiful sunsets. An artist looks at a sunset and using color and composition produces paintings that work. You will learn to use color and composition to produce your southwest sunset paintings. The objects in the paintings are easy to draw. the teacher will help you with your drawing if needed. We will begin the class by review or learning anew terms and concepts.
YOUR CHOICE OF MEDIA:oil, acrylic, fluid acrylics, watercolor, gouache
- YOUR CHOICE OF MEDIA:oil,acrylic,fluid acrylics,watercolor, gouache
- Supplies If you have a question about supplies, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oil or Acrylic
- 1. Canvas, canvas board, or primed Masonite
- 2. Painting surface size and shape: your choice
- 3. Round pointed brush
- 4. Filbert brush [big brush for large paintings, small brush for small paintings]
- 5. Paints colors that mix well together: black, red, yellow, blue, orange, purple
- a. If you have used this type of paint before, you probably have the paints you need. If not email me.
- b. If you have not used this type of paint before, email me for suggested pigments.
- 6. Two plastic containers to hold liquid
- 7. Roll of soft paper towels
- 8. Mineral spirits to clean your oil painting brushes
- 9. Liquid soap
- 10. Pencil
- Watercolor or Gouache
- 1. 140 pound or heavier watercolor paper
- 2. Watercolor paper size and shape: your choice
- 3. Round pointed watercolor brush [big brush for large watercolor, small brush for small watercolor.
- 4. Mop brush
- 5. Filbert watercolor brush [optional]
- 6. Paint colors: yellow, orange, red, purple, black
- 7. Pan of watercolors OR specific pigments in tubes.
- 8. Natural sponge
- 9. Two plastic containers for water
- 10. Water spritzer [optional]
- 11. Pencil
- 12. Roll of soft paper towels
- You will learn to use color and composition to produce your southwest sunset paintings.
- YOUR CHOICE OF MEDIA:oil,acrylic,fluid acrylics watercolor, gouache