Wet-into-Wet the sky NOT the limit
Number of sessions: 1, 3.0 hours each
Course Fee: $35 (Gold Member Fee: $25)
Maximum 10 Minimum 5
Wet- into -Wet technique is one of watercolor’s power techniques that can turn a boring painting into a mesmerizing one. In this class you will learn how to do it, where to use it and why to use it. We will practice the technique and then apply it to a painting project. You will discover that the sky is NOT the limit to wet-into-wet!
- Bring your usual watercolor supplies, plus the following if you don’t already have them:
- Brushes: 1 flat wash brush, 1.5” or 2” wide, or larger
- 1 #12 round brush, or larger
- 1 mop brush (optional)
- 1 half sheet, or two 10x14” sheets of Arches or Fabriano Artistico 140# watercolor
- paper to practice painting on
- Paints: ARTIST QUALITY watercolor paints, like Winsor Newton, Daniel Smith, etc.
- Gamboge, Aureolin or your favorite yellow
- Ultramarine Blue, Phthalo Blue, or Cobalt Blue
- Alizarin Crimson, Quinacridone Red, or Cadmium Red deep
- Reference photos to paint from. I will also have some you can use.
- How and where to use Wet-into wet technique to improve your watercolor paintings Wet-into-Wet Watercolors