Introduction to Pastels 101
Number of sessions: 4, 3.0 hours each
Course Fee: $70 (Gold Member Fee: $60)
Maximum 12 Minimum 3
Come and get inspired with pastel painting. Beginning to Intermediate students welcome. Bring a photo enlarged to the size you want the finished painting to be. Judy also has several photographs all about 8 x10 and 11x 17 you can use if you prefer.
- PHOTO REFERENCES. It is important to have a good picture of what you want to paint. A photo can be blown up at Office Max for about a dollar.
- PASTELS, not oil pastels, Any assortment of brands, Nupastels, Rembrandts, Senneliers, TerryLudwigs.
- PASTEL PAPER. Chanson, Mi Tientes, inexpensive bought at Michaels. One of my favorites is a sanded paper from the Arizona Art Supply.
- A foam drawing board such as Sturdy Board can be bought at the Dollar Store
- A roll of blue Scotch tape is good and a roll of White Artists tape for use in framing is good.
- Students will come away with a beautiful painting.