Beginning Acrylic Painting
Number of sessions: 1, 7.0 hours each
Course Fee: $55 (Gold Member Fee: $45)
Maximum 10 Minimum 4 You may bring a non-copy written picture as inspiration for you painting. Greeting cards, calendars, and pictures in magazines and books are copy written and are illegal to use. You may use still life objects that the teacher will bring to class.
If you have not drawn a particular object, the teacher will show you have to draw the object.
NOTE: The teacher will help you with your painting, if you wish, but will not work on or touch your painting.
- If you have a question about supplies you wish to use, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two stretched canvases or canvas boards
- Your choice of size and shape
- Paint brushes:
- Flat polyester brush [3/4” - #10 or #12]
- Round pointed polyester brush [medium size - #4 or #6 or #8
- Optional: Filbert polyester brush [medium size]
- Red, yellow, blue, black, and white acrylic paints
- If you have used acrylic paint before, you probably have the paints you need. If not email me.
- If you have not used acrylic paints before, email me for suggested pigments.
- You need more white paint than other colors
- Two plastic containers to hold water
- Soft paper towels
- Liquid soap
- Pencil: HB or #2 pencil and a vinyl eraser
- Would you like to paint with acrylics? In this two session workshop you will learn everything you need to produce an acrylic painting. You will also have an opportunity to produce one or more acrylic paintings of your choice.